TV & Radio Presenter
Official Agent: Craig Latto
Amy Irons is a successful RTS nominated Scottish TV and radio presenter, journalist, voiceover artist and event host.
She's become a familiar face on Scottish TV presenting on some of the biggest programmes in recent years including Not Quite End Of the Year Show 2021 & 2022 and Hogmanay 2019 on BBC One Scotland as well as the BBC's Sports Personality Of The Year 2019 red carpet and after show party programmes.
Amy fronted Scotland's flagship news programme, The Nine where she was the lead sports presenter. She has covered some of the biggest sporting stories in recent years and during her time covering the Women's World Cup made appearances on both Radio 1 and BBC Five Live.
She is the host of The Adventure Show on BBC Scotland where she explores Scotland's thriving adventure sports scene - from mountain biking and kayaking to adventure racing, surfing and mountain marathons. Amy can also be seen hosting Sportscene and Reporting Scotland and co-hosts the hugely successful Sacked In The Morning Podcast for BBC Sounds. Amy also fronted a weekly entertainment news programme on BBC Scotland on BBC One called The Edit, which featured interviews with some of the biggest names in showbiz.
Amy currently has her own radio show on Heart Scotland from 10am to 1pm. Amy was already popular with radio audiences as one of the hosts on the hugely successful Capital Breakfast Show. Within months of Amy joining the new line-up achieved the highest listening figures the show had ever seen and was subsequently shortlisted at the ARIA awards as one of the best breakfast shows in the UK.
Amy received great reviews after presenting BBC 5 Live breakfast alongside Nicky Campbell and Rachel Burden as part of twenties takeover day. She has made appearances on flagship football programme Sportscene and has presented Radio Scotland's most popular show, Off The Ball.
For Amy, her career started at West FM where she worked as a news and sports reporter. Amy then moved to STV where she worked as a presenter and reporter covering some of the biggest news stories of recent times; including the Scottish Independence and European Referendum, as well the Refugee crisis in Calais, France.
Amy has hosted events and worked for the likes of the Princes Trust, The Scottish Italian Awards, The Scottish Wholesale Awards, The Royal Bank of Scotland, House of Fraser, M&D's and Motherwell FC.
- Not Quite End of the Year Show - BBC1 Scotland
- The Adventure Show - BBC1 Scotland
- Hogmanay 2019 - BBC1 Scotland
- BBC Sports Personality Of The Year: Red Carpet Show - BBC
- BBC Sports Personality Of The Year: The After Show - BBC
- Sportscene - BBC1 Scotland
- Reporting Scotland - BBC Scotland
- Kash Farooq v Kyle Williams, British Bantamweight Title fight – BBC Scotland
- Sportscene Scottish Cup Final 2019 - BBC
- Sportscene Scottish League Cup 2018/19 - BBC
- The Edit - BBC1/BBC Scotland
- The Nine - BBC Scotland
- Coronavirus Scotland's Response – BBC1
- STV News at Six - STV
- Amy Irons Show - Heart Radio
- Sex And The Pandemic - BBC Radio 5 Live
- Capital Breakfast - Capital Radio Scotland
- Twenties Takeover - BBC Radio 5 Live
- Women's World Cup 2019 - BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat
- Women's World Cup 2019 - BBC Radio 5 Live
- Off The Ball – BBC Radio Scotland
- News - West FM
- Sacked In The Morning - BBC Sounds