TV & Radio Presenter
Official Agent: Jo Carlton
Leah Boleto (née Gooding) is a presenter and journalist, having worked on many of the BBC's most watched and listened to programmes. Most recently she has co-hosted BBC 5Live Drive, presented for BBC Sport, Stargazing Live and Autumnwatch and is now a reporter and presenter for Sky News and 5 News on Channel 5.
She is best known by millions of children as a presenter on CBBC's Newsround, the BBC's flagship news show for young people and for over 10 years she travelled the world covering US elections, natural disasters as well as presenting the BAFTA nominated and RTS award-winning special on the 70th anniversary of Hiroshima.
Other notable TV and radio credits include various segments for Steph's Packed Lunch on Channel 4, BBC News and Radio 1 Newsbeat and she is a well-known voice on several CBBC productions. Away from the studio, Leah also writes for The Guardian Opinion. A recent example of her work can be found in the external links below.
Leah was born and raised in East London and celebrates her multicultural heritage. She is now a mum of two and enjoys writing about motherhood, poetry and is a passionate supporter of diversity in the newsroom. Having run the London Marathon in 2012, she continues to enjoy running and engages with youth groups to encourage more sport in schools.
- Sky News - Sky News
- 5 News - Channel 5
- Steph's Packed Lunch - Channel 4
- Newsround - CBBC/BBC1/BBC2
- BBC Sport - BBC News
- Autumnwatch - BBC2
- Victoria Derbyshire - BBC2
- BBC News At One - BBC1
- Blast Off Live: A Stargazing Special - BBC1
- Bullying: The Newsround Debate - CBBC
- Hiroshima: A Newsround Special - CBBC
- Stargazing Live - BBC1
- BBC Breakfast - BBC1
- Fierce Earth - CBBC
- i.am.Will Shakespeare - BBC2
- Newsround Wild Five Coastal - CBBC
- Newsround Wild Five - CBBC
- Drive - Radio 5 Live
- Today - BBC Radio 4
- News Summaries - Radio 5 Live
- Morning Reports - Radio 5 Live
- Newsbeat - Radio 1
- Radio 1Xtra
- BBC Asian Network
- Welcome to My World - CBBC
- Olympic Games Challenge - CBBC