Comedian & Presenter
Agent: Craig Latto
Des Clarke is one of the UK's most exciting performers. He has made a name for himself as both a highly successful comedian and one of television and radio's hottest presenters. It all began for Des when he won a nationwide search to host the iconic Saturday morning show SM:TV Live. This weekly two hour broadcast showcased his abilities both as a comedian and presenter, including character sketches, celebrity interviews and comic monologues.
That led to an impressive and diverse TV career with presenting credits ranging from the STV Appeal, Invention SOS, Sportsround, Club Cupid and five years as anchor of BBC Scotland's Children In Need. Other notable appearances include Live At The Fringe, Bad Language, The Dog Ate My Homework, Celebrity Eggheads and NBC's Today Show. Meanwhile Des regularly provides the laughs on Make You Laugh Out Loud, Channel 5's hugely successful comedy series.
He is also a much-loved voice on the airwaves, waking up central Scotland every morning as the main host of Capital Breakfast with Des Clarke, Steven and Amy. In addition, Des fronts BBC Radio Scotland's weekly panel show Breaking the News, taking a satirical look at the week's headlines. His radio work has earned him widespread industry recognition, winning a British Radio Award and multiple Scottish Comedy Awards. As well as nominations in the Celtic Media, Arqiva and Sony Awards. Des has also received critical acclaim for his comedy, winning Chortle Best Newcomer and the ITV Golden Mic Award.
Stand up remains Des's first love and he performs his own solo shows annually at the Edinburgh Fringe and Glasgow Comedy Festival. He has toured the world with his unique brand of observational humour, appearing on stage in New York, Dubai, Australia and Los Angeles.
His stage skills have seen Des play live to massive outdoor audiences, providing entertainment and commentary at both Six Nations Rugby and Scotland Football matches. Culminating in performances to over a quarter of a million people during the 11 days of the Commonwealth Games. This was also the site of Des's undoubted career high, hosting the Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony to a global TV audience of 1 billion viewers.
A high profile newspaper columnist and after dinner speaker too, Des Clarke has rapidly established himself as an exceptional all round performer.
Des can also be seen fronting films for BBC Scotland's weekly current affairs programme Timeline.
- Sport Relief: The Big Try-Athlon - BBC1
- Timeline - BBC2 Scotland
- Make You Laugh Out Loud - Channel 5
- Celebrity Eggheads - BBC2
- Live At The Fringe - BBC
- Bad Language - BBC1
- The Dog Ate My Homework - CBBC
- Today - NBC
- STV Appeal - STV
- Invention SOS - Discovery
- Sportsround - CBBC
- Club Cupid - STV
- Children In Need - BBC Scotland
- SM:TV Live - ITV
- Capital Breakfast with Des Clarke, Steven and Amy - Capital Radio Scotland
- Breaking The News - BBC Radio Scotland
- Scottish Comedy Award (Winner)
- Celtic Media Award (Winner)
- X-TRAX British Radio Awards, Scotland: Presenter of the Year (Winner)
- Chortle Open Mic Comedian of the Year (Winner)
- ITV Golden Mic Award (Winner)
- Sony Radio Comedy Award (Nominee - cast member)
- Daily Telegraph Open Mic Award (Runner-up)
- BBC New Comedy Award (Runner-up)
- Channel 4 So You Think You're Funny (Runner-up)