Dr Ranj Singh
Medical Doctor & TV Presenter
Official Agent: Craig Latto
Inspiring, fun and engaging — not words often associated with science and medical experts, yet Dr Ranj combines all three with infectious enthusiasm.
Ranj is a TV personality with a difference: a flourishing NHS clinician, specialising in the wellbeing of young people; and an exciting on-screen talent who can turn his hand to any subject.
With an impressive TV career already under his belt, Ranj is certainly someone you will be seeing a lot more of in the future. He is one of the resident doctors on ITV's leading daytime series This Morning, co-presenter of ITV's prime-time series Save Money: Good Health & Save Money: Lose Weight and co-creating host of BAFTA award-winning CBeebies series, Get Well Soon. As well as these flagship shows, Ranj can regularly be seen on other programmes as wide-ranging as: BBC's Pointless Celebrities, Inside Out, Celebrity Eggheads and Watchdog; ITV's Good Morning Britain and Tonight; Channel 5's Big Brother's Bit On The Side and 5 News.
In 2018 Ranj swapped his scrubs for sequins as a Strictly Come Dancing contestant, partnered with Janette Manrara. The dancing duo also took part in the Stricly Live Tour in 2019.
In 2020 Ranj fronted a brand new ITV series – Dr Ranj: On Call – a weekly magazine show going back to his roots as a medical professional, aiming to galvanise the British nation into taking control of its physical and mental health.
During the coronavirus pandemic of 2020, Dr Ranj is also hosting Steths, Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll; a weekly health podcast with a twist, in association with Dr Tijion Esho, Dr Zoe Williams and Dr Sara Kayat.
Off air, his work can be found in numerous magazines and websites where he gives expert opinion and advice on a range of physical and mental health matters. Ranj has regular columns in Attitude, Now and Family Traveller magazines, as well as being an online health correspondent for NetDoctor. He has published two children's school books with Oxford University Press, which are distributed internationally with more in the pipeline. As a passionate charity ambassador and a sought-after host of live events and panel discussions, his warmth and enviable dedication make him a valuable voice in this space.
Ranj's training and experience make him well-qualified to cover a broad range of medical topics and science headlines. Furthermore, being the only TV doctor who specialises in children, young people and families gives Ranj the leading edge in this field.
His expertise makes him the perfect medical spokesperson, and his broader passions and hobbies enable him to give a unique and distinctive insight into any subject. Ranj's charisma and style have made him a household name amongst children and adults, and his impressive social media following highlights his widespread outreach and appeal.
Dr Ranj Singh
BSc (Hons) MBBS MRCPCH
- 2000 BSc (Hons) 2:1 Pharmacology & Basic Medical Sciences Guy's, King's & St. Thomas' School of Medicine, London
- 2003 MBBS (Distinction) Guy's, King's & St. Thomas' School of Medicine, London
- 2007 Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health RCPCH, London
- Employment History
- 2003-2004 Pre-Registration House Officer in Medicine & Surgery London
- 2005-2007 Senior House Officer in Paediatrics & Neonatology South Thames Paediatric Rotation, London
- 2007-2013 ST2-ST5 Speciality Trainee Doctor in Paediatrics & Neonatology London/Kent
- 2013-2019 ST6-ST8 Sub-Specialty Trainee Doctor, Paediatric Emergency Medicine London
- 2019-Current Locum Consultant Paediatric Emergency Medicine London
- Other Roles
- Current Instructor in Advanced Paediatric & Neonatal Life Support
- Current RCPCH Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Board Member
- 2016 Children's BAFTA: Interactive - Adapted
- 2018 Children's BAFTA: Interactive - Live Action
- 2018 European Diversity Award: Media Icon
- 2018 Eastern Eye ACTA Award: Best Presenter
- 2019 Attitude Award: Television
- This Morning - ITV
- Dr Ranj: On Call - ITV
- Strictly Come Dancing - BBC1
- Strictly: It Takes Two - BBC2
- Save Money: Lose Weight - ITV
- Save Money: Good Health - ITV
- Get Well Soon - CBeebies
- Pointless Celebrities - BBC1
- Inside Out - BBC1
- Celebrity Eggheads - BBC2
- Watchdog - BBC1
- Good Morning Britain - ITV
- Tonight - ITV
- Big Brother's Bit On The Side - Channel 5
- 5 News - Channel 5